Front of House Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/The-Nelson-Trust1/opportunities/Front-of-House-Volunteer/52888 to join
About the role
The Sober Parrot in Cheltenham is a community café with a busy and buzzing atmosphere serving customers. The café has a clear emphasis on health and wellbeing and uses fresh, local produce wherever possible.
A front of house area in the café allows people to experience and learn catering and hospitality skills in a safe and supported environment.
Volunteers will support staff in the day to day running of the front of house at the Sober Parrot. Learning skills and gaining experience within hospitality and catering. We ask all volunteers to uphold and promote the principles of abstinent recovery from addiction.
Volunteers will be trained to support staff with the following:
- To help create a welcoming café with a friendly environment, ensuring the café is always presentable while maintaining a high level of cleanliness
- To serve members of the public and deliver high quality customer service
- To work with the till in creating orders and serving customers
- To deliver food and drinks to customers
- To work with the staff in training on the coffee machine and learning barista skills
- To clear tables and keep the café clean and presentable
- To work with staff to help promote the café
- To assist in additional cleaning jobs where required
- To assist the kitchen where required with general cleaning such as washing up
- Maintain a proactive relationship with customers, volunteers, trainees, and members of the recovery community to promote The Hub as a welcoming and supportive environment for people in recovery from addiction.
Volunteers are expected to participate in all mandatory training courses with additional training offered for further progression.
What is the time commitment?
You can work one day a week, or more if that suits your circumstances.
The hours are usually 10am - 3pm but we can be flexible around that.