Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Kings-Theatre/opportunities/Trustees/55875 to join
SummaryWe are looking for committed and enthusiastic Trustees to join the existing board of trustees from a mix of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be required to join the Kings Theatre board for a minimum term of three years. Please note this is a voluntary role and we are looking for a person that is a team player and ideally has experience in one of the following areas:
- bid writing and applying for grants
- building & project management experience,
- or marketing & business development skills.
Also, someone who is keen to support our aims and objectives as a community theatre run for and on behalf of our community promoting the education of performing arts to the general public in Gloucester and the surrounding areas.
Board members are expected to:
- Be prepared to introduce professional and personal contacts for the benefit of the theatre.
- To act honestly, responsibly and with integrity.
- Where possible to sign up for a few volunteer shifts each year to ensure they have an ongoing understanding of how the theatre runs and stay abreast of current procedures.
- Support & offer advice to theatre staff where appropriate in line with professional expertise and experience.
- Attend up to 10 board meetings a year.
- To support and assist in grant & funding applications.
- Promote the theatre and network with our member groups and within the wider industry.
- Helping to ensure theatre compliance with all legal and health & safety requirements / legislation.
If you would like an informal chat about the role and/or more information about The Kings Theatre please contact us. To apply, please send your CV together with a short letter outlining why you are interested in the role.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Kings Theatre
When the theatre is in use our front of house area requires one person to run the box office, two people to sell programmes (if required) and to serve teas, coffees etc at the beginning and during the interval and finally two people to run our bar. At the end of the show we all muck in to clear up ready for the next show.
Training will be provided for all of these roles. We use Ticketsource for our ticket sales and Tabology for our bar sales, so some computer knowledge would be useful.
We have a great group of volunteers already at Kings but we it would fantastic to have some new people on board! Our volunteers age from 16 through to 78, so please come along and join us!