Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Change-Grow-Live/opportunities/Reception-Support/52879 to join
SummaryYour role as a reception support volunteer is to be the first point of contact within the service, greeting all our visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
At Change Grow Live Gloucestershire we strive to ensure our services are warm and welcoming environments.
Your role as a reception support volunteer is to be the first point of contact within the service, greeting all our visitors in a friendly and courteous manner.
Duties for the post include dealing with initial queries, coordinating appointments, signposting people to support that is available within the service and the community.
- As first point of contact, ensure service users and other visitors receive a friendly and efficient service and that all visits are dealt with promptly and courteously
- Contribute to the improvement and upkeep of client areas, ensuring that the reception area is welcoming and tidy
- Contribute to maintaining the client information displayed in the reception area is tidy, current, and relevant
- Encourage service user feedback and the use of the suggestion box to all clients accessing the service
- Contribute to managing an effective appointment system, liaising with keyworkers, check appointments on the CGL information system and book future appointment for service users
- Take messages for staff and update case management contacts where appropriate
- Maintain accurate records of all contacts on our case management systems
- Input new referrals onto CGL IT system
- Update triages on the CGL IT system
- Support entry into the service, contacting people to book into the Welcome Pod and carry out associated admin
Days and hours are flexible and can be negotiated at interview
Please note that we require you to be 18 years of age or older to be considered for this volunteering role.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.
We believe that having diverse people working as part of our team makes us the organisation that we are.
We actively encourage applications from people from all backgrounds to help us to provide the best possible experience for the people who use our services and to make Change Grow Live a great place to work. If you have any feedback on our recruitment processes (good or bad) we’d love to hear from you so that we can make sure they are fair and we attract and recruit the best, most diverse workforce possible.
The safety of vulnerable children, young people and adults is our absolute priority. We will support you in your role to make sure that you are equipped to support the safety of people who use our services and those around them, to the highest standard possible.
To apply, please click 'Join' and you will be asked a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.
About Change, Grow, Live
The vision we're working towards is to develop, deliver and share a whole person approach that changes society.
We exist to help people achieve their goals, to be the best that they can be and to help change society for the better. This is true whether we are talking about the people who use our services, our staff or our volunteers.
We are not in control of everything that impacts upon the people who use our services. However, we are in control of what we do, how we behave and where we focus our expertise, resources and energy.
Our aim is to work together to challenge stigma and oppression. We want our charity to be a place where our staff and people who use our services are respected and engaged. Ultimately we want to make life safer, easier and better for as many people as we can.