Global Footsteps is a volunteer-led Cheltenham based charity established in 1985 with a focus on sustainability and education, promoting unity and protecting the planet for future generations ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/globalfootsteps/opportunities/Secretary/55896 to join
Global Footsteps are looking for a Secretary for the Board of Trustees. This is a volunteer role which involves regular communication with Trustees and members of the charity. It is a volunteer role that involves a minimum of 2 – 3 days a month.
This is a key role, working together with the Chair, organising trustee and other meetings, and ensuring the general smooth running of the organisation. In particular, it may be the Secretary, rather than the Chair, who monitors committee members to ensure that they have carried out any actions they agreed to at a meeting.
- To ensure that committee meetings are properly administered and recorded.
- To ensure other meetings, such as the AGM, and events are properly administered.
- Monitor committee member action points.
- Monitor, forward and reply to emails.
- Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
- Planning meeting dates, booking rooms, sending out notifications, providing minutes and other papers.
- Drawing up agendas together with the Chair.
- Minute committee meetings or ensure that another minute taker is available. In the case of closed meetings (with no others present) the secretary will take the minutes.
- Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes and report to the next committee meeting on the progress of actions and the result of decisions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records, issuing renewal notices and recording subscription/membership fees together with the treasurer.
- Deal with correspondence, writing letters/emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
- Make arrangements for any necessary reporting to be done. For example, the annual report to members.
- To be organised and methodical.
- Able to communicate efficiently and confidently, both verbal and written.
- Able to keep accurate records.
- Able to take initiative and use templates well.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, then get in touch with your details and any questions you may have.
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Global Footsteps
We are growing more engaged with local festivals and events, and we are starting to plan events and activities in our office building that will help raise our profile, improve social engagement and encourage donations. We are always looking for volunteers willing to bring excitement and diversity of mindset and innovation.