OUR AIM is to provide a visionary and unique centre to enable children, young people and adults throughout Gloucestershire to overcome disability. This includes pupils of The Milestone School, and ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/The-Chamwell-Centre/opportunities/Choir-Volunteer/55445 to join
SummaryThe role would be well suited to an experienced music teacher, or someone with experience of setting up a choir and using Zoom meetings.
What will I be doing?
- Once a month we have face-to-face sessions with Chamwell. The alternate fortnight we Zoom as a group, on the Chamwell big screen.
- Holding meetings for the people we support where they can sing in a choir.
- Assisting the people, we support with suitable song choices (the people we support enjoy an eclectic variety of music!).
- Work with Volunteer Co-ordinator to establish and develop choir.
- Setting up fortnightly zoom calls
What impact will this have?
- Opportunity for people we support to engage in more meaningful activity.
- Opportunity for the people we support to socialise.
- Chance for the people we support to work on a project that can be shared by the rest of the organisation
What skills and qualities should I have?
- Be passionate about the work of The Chamwell Centre Charity.
- Be presentable and approachable.
- Have an ability to prioritise multiple tasks and keep calm in an emergency situation.
- Be a good communicator and able to communicate information clearly.
- Be motivated and reliable.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with others.
- Be respectful of others and their diversity.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365.
What impact will I have?
By being a Chamwell volunteer you will be:
- an advocate for The Chamwell Centre demonstrating our values of respect, being helpful, polite, and calm at all times
- enhancing the well-being of our visitors by promoting a positive and inclusive environment
- an individual who visitors can look to for support and reassurance enhancing their confidence and self-belief, and
- promote community engagement.
When am I needed?
Once a month we have face-to-face sessions with Chamwell. The alternate fortnight we Zoom as a group, on the Chamwell big screen.
There are no fixed dates to volunteer but you would be working as part of a wider team of volunteers on a rota basis.
You can dedicate as much time as you want – a few hours or days a week: The time commitment depends on what time you have available, and what times we have available.
A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is required before commencing work in the Chamwell Centre. We will help you with your DBS requirements and will guide you through the whole process.
You will receive The Chamwell Centre bespoke volunteer training relevant to this role. This includes general induction and Safeguarding training.
You will be supported throughout your journey and there will always be someone who will be available to assist you in your role.
About The Chamwell Centre
OUR VISION is to enhance the wellbeing of those with disability - how they feel, how they function on a personal and social level, and how they feel about their lives as a whole.
Volunteering for a charity brings huge rewards to the individual offering their time, experience, or skills, as well as making a difference to the lives of others.
A volunteer is a person who gives their time, skills and experience freely without expectation of financial reward. We recognise the immense benefits that volunteers bring to an organisation, and the bridges that they build between the organisation and the local community. In return, we hope to give our volunteers an opportunity to exercise their skills in a different environment and to undertake new experiences.
We take our responsibility of ensuring the safeguarding of all our visitors to the centre very seriously, therefore all staff, volunteers and work experience students will be required to complete an on-line safeguarding course, together with applying for a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) certificate. Our staff will be happy to assist you with applying for these.