Re-engage Tea Party Group Coordinator
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Re-engageuk/opportunities/Re-engage-Tea-Party-Group-Coordinator/56892 to join
SummaryHelp tackle loneliness and social isolation among older people.
Our tea party group coordinators are a vital part of the Re-engage team.
Tea parties provide a lifeline of friendship for our older people, and the regular, warm, friendly chats and companionship provide a vital link with the outside world from which they have become isolated. Over time, the members of the group will get to know each other well and together you will spend many hours full of fun, laughter, and stories.
As a tea party group coordinator, you will ensure older guests know when and where the next tea party will be held and who will be collecting them each month. This is an administrative role that requires planning and scheduling, you must be comfortable organising monthly events with volunteer hosts, socialising, communicating with people and resolving issues that might arise. You will need a DBS (England and Wales) or PVG (Scotland) for this role. Sometimes, tea party group coordinators are also drivers or hosts for their group, but this is not a requirement of being a coordinator.
- Welcoming new volunteers and ensuring they have the right checks in place.
- Checking ID documents for a DBS (England) or PVG (Scotland) when required.
- Meeting / communicating with older guests prior to them joining the group.
- Reporting group activity to Re-engage via our feedback form.
- Responding to any issues and queries from the volunteers and older guests in your group.
- Following all guidance in your group coordinator training modules to ensure that the tea parties are enjoyable, appropriate, and in line with our charitable aim.
- Reporting any safeguarding issues that may arise or have been bought to your attention.
- Planning and scheduling monthly tea parties.
- Contacting hosts and arrange a rota of venues for the year.
- Organising the monthly event, ensuring that tea party volunteers (hosts and drivers) have all the support and information they need.
- Being the main point of contact for all the volunteers and older guests in your group (an average group has a total of between four and 12 people).
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
Our volunteers work together to create better communities and help to enrich the lives of our members by giving them something to look forward to.
Older people who may have felt very alone, now feel valued as individuals, continue to form friendships, and have groups that give support. We make sure that people know they are important well into old age. Respectful, determined, warm, pioneering, and local: we are Re-engage and we are bringing generations together.