Secretary - Naunton Park Pre School
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Naunton-Park-Pre-School/opportunities/Secretary---Naunton-Park-Pre-School/55645 to join
SummaryJoin our Pre School Committee as a Secretary and support us to continue to grow.
Naunton Park Pre-School is a non-profit community playgroup based in Leckhampton, Cheltenham. It provides high-quality EYFS education and a welcoming, creative environment for children aged between 2 years 9 months and 4 years. The Pre-School has been operating within Naunton Park Primary School since 1984. Although independent of the primary school, it benefits from extremely close links, which help our children with their transition to school.
Job role: Secretary (Officer)
• Arrange termly committee meetings, and other general committee meetings (e.g. AGM) as and when needed, including:
➢ Prepare and circulate agendas;
➢ Take and publish meeting minutes to relevant committee members and staff;
➢ Keep written records of committee meetings and AGMs;
• Support the setting manager and Chair in maintaining documentation including:
➢ The Single Central Record;
➢ Insurance, Ofsted registration, PLA membership, building and contents insurance certificates are up to date and displayed in preschool.
• Ensure ongoing suitability forms and declaration of interest forms are completed by the committee and staff members.
• Act as the lead for data protection and ensure ICO certification.
• As a Committee member, we would also look for you to:
➢ Attend termly committee meetings (held in an evening, currently virtual) and vote on key areas e.g. annual staff pay;
➢ Potential to support other committee work – such as fundraising initiatives – as and when you like.
Estimate of time needed: 4-6 hours per month
About Naunton Park Pre-School
close links, which help our children with their transition to school.
The Pre-School is run as a charity, and is overseen by a Committee of volunteer officers and trustees. This Committee works as a team to run Pre-School's financial and administrative affairs, as well as to support the staff and organise fundraising.