Be a Champion for Young Families
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Home-Start-Stroud-and-Gloucester/opportunities/Be-a-Champion-for-Young-Families/59140 to join
SummaryBe a Champion for Young Families and help to ensure that children get the best start in life. Listen, Support, Empower. Make a difference!
As a volunteer for Home-Start you'll be a lifeline for a family, helping them to get back on their feet and develop the skills they need to cope. You'll also have ample opportunity to play and make the early years period an enjoyable one for the whole family!
We will train and support you all the way but as a champion you can expect to:
• Offer support, friendship and practical help.
• Visit families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected.
• Reassure families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual.
• Emphasise the positive aspects of family life.
• Develop a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed.
• Encourage parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own family.
• Encourage families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available in the community.
We have our next 8 week home-visiting volunteer training course beginning on 1st March 2023.
As a Home-Start champion the commitment is 2-3 hours per week.
If you are interested in the role, please click 'Join' and you will be asked a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.