Online group support volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Carers-Hub/opportunities/Online-group-support-volunteer/67182 to join
SummaryWe are seeking compassionate and tech-savvy individuals to join our team as Online Group Support Volunteers for the Gloucestershire Carers Hub.
We are seeking compassionate and tech-savvy individuals to join our team as Online Group Support Volunteers for the Gloucestershire Carers Hub. In this role, you will work alongside the facilitator to provide assistance during online Zoom sessions, ensuring a safe and supportive environment for participants. Your primary responsibilities may include opening and closing Zoom sessions, providing information when needed( often a ick online search), offering private chat support, and reaching out to individuals who abruptly leave to ensure their well-being.
- Collaborate with the facilitator to open and close Zoom sessions for online support groups.
- Assist in managing participant attendance and ensuring a secure and welcoming virtual environment.
- Support the facilitator by looking up and sharing relevant information during sessions when requested.
- Utilise the private chat feature to provide personalized support to individuals who may feel impacted or require additional assistance.
- Monitor participant engagement and provide encouragement or reassurance as needed.
- Maintain a respectful and non-judgmental atmosphere within the online group.
- Reach out to individuals who abruptly leave a session to check on their well-being and offer any necessary support and let facilitator know.
- Attend occasional training sessions or meetings to enhance your skills and stay updated on best practices.
- Strong familiarity with Zoom or other online meeting platforms.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Empathy and understanding towards individuals facing caregiving challenges.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect individual privacy.
- Reliable and punctual, with the ability to open and close Zoom sessions promptly.
- Comfortable with technology and able to troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Patience and resilience in handling potential emotional situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- The opportunity to support and make a difference in the lives of Carers in the community.
- Gain experience in facilitating online group sessions and providing virtual support.
- Develop communication, empathy, and problem-solving skills.
- Access to ongoing training and support from the Carers Hub team.
- Connect with a diverse group of individuals and contribute to a supportive online community.
About Gloucestershire Carers Hub
If you register with the Carers Hub you will have access to free information, guidance, support, to empower you in your caring role. This could help you to meet other carers and to interact with others in a safe space.
The Carers Hub is an easily accessed service where you can gain support, feel valued and offload your worries or concerns.
What help can I get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from our supportive Triage team
Signposting to other services
Contingency Planning Support
Benefits and financial advice
Full carers assessments, support planning and reviews
Access to groups
Training, social gatherings and activities
Access to the Carer Aware Discount Scheme
Professional counselling service
We offer a safe space to talk about you and your caring role, we will work with you to identify how we can support you.