Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Carers-Hub/opportunities/Get-together-facilitator/68744 to join
SummaryGet together facilitator we hold various get togethers across the county sometimes as Carers cafes, coffee mornings, online meetings and more.
Make things happen
Gloucestershire Carers Hub, a prominent organisation dedicated to supporting Carers in the Gloucestershire area, is seeking a motivated and compassionate Volunteer Facilitator. The primary responsibility of this role is to facilitate engaging get-togethers with Carers both in person and online. This could be a coffee morning, being the lead at a Carers Café, online for one of our events. The Volunteer Facilitator will play a crucial role in creating a safe and supportive environment for Carers to connect, share experiences, and receive valuable support from their peers. We are recruiting several volunteers to cover various opportunities.
- Facilitate regular in-person and online get-togethers for Carers, ensuring an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere.
- Coordinate event logistics, including scheduling, venue preparation, and online platform setup.
- Foster a supportive environment that encourages Carers to share their experiences, challenges, and successes.
- Actively engage with Carers, offering empathy, compassion, and guidance as needed.
- Provide information and signposting to relevant support services available to Carers.
- Collaborate with the Gloucestershire Carers Hub team to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Encourage participation and ensure all attendees have an equal opportunity to contribute and benefit from the get-togethers.
- Maintain accurate records of attendees and feedback for reporting purposes.
- Respect confidentiality and adhere to data protection regulations.
- A genuine interest in supporting Carers and promoting their wellbeing.
- Excellent communication and active listening skills.
- Previous experience in facilitating group discussions, preferably with Carers or in a similar caring environment.
- Empathy, compassion, and the ability to build rapport with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to coordinate events effectively.
- Comfortable using online platforms for virtual meetings and familiar with basic troubleshooting.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office and online communication tools.
- Reliable and committed to attending regular get-togethers, both in person and online.
- Respectful of confidentiality and able to handle sensitive information appropriately.
- Understanding of the challenges faced by Carers and the importance of their role in society.
- Knowledge of local support services available to Carers is desirable but not essential.
Please note that this is a voluntary position and will require a commitment, training and ongoing support will be provided to ensure the success and fulfillment of the Volunteer Facilitator. Out of pocket expenses will be covered.
About Gloucestershire Carers Hub
If you register with the Carers Hub you will have access to free information, guidance, support, to empower you in your caring role. This could help you to meet other carers and to interact with others in a safe space.
The Carers Hub is an easily accessed service where you can gain support, feel valued and offload your worries or concerns.
What help can I get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from our supportive Triage team
Signposting to other services
Contingency Planning Support
Benefits and financial advice
Full carers assessments, support planning and reviews
Access to groups
Training, social gatherings and activities
Access to the Carer Aware Discount Scheme
Professional counselling service
We offer a safe space to talk about you and your caring role, we will work with you to identify how we can support you.