We are a faith based charity that works with the homeless and vulnerable across the city of Gloucester. We aim to provide shelter, hot food, drinks, clothes and friendship and assist in developing ...
Outreach Daily Food Team
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucester-City-Mission/opportunities/Outreach-Daily-Food-Team/54295 to join
SummaryJoin the team serving drinks and distributing food across the city 5 days a week between 10 and 12 noon.
· Support Lead Volunteer in specific activities including:
· Share a warm drink and a biscuit with those in need of conversation
· Provide a listening ear for street people and build relationships
· Identify those rough sleepers and street link for the agencies
· Signpost people to the Council, P3 and other authorities
· Provide appropriate practical assistance (sleeping bags, clothes, food, drinks and toiletries) as directed by team leaders
· Share bible promises/ offer prayer support.
· Promote courses and activities available in our Training Centre including the Christian faith
· Complete the daily contact/ activity log
This is rewarding experience allowing you to better understand those that are street homeless or vulnerable across our city . Provide a helping hand and a listening ear to those less fortunate.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Gloucester City Mission
• Renew - our main office, the Winter Shelter (Dec 1st to Mar 31st) and our Education and Training Centre;
• Outreach teams in the city centre 5 days week;
• Refresh - a weekly hot sit down lunch;
• Restore - a shop for clients to come to get fresh clothes, toiletries and emergency provisions;
• Revive Coffee House where we offer employment opportunities to people who have experienced homelessness and/or addictions;
• Mobile outreach teams supporting rough sleepers away from the city centre;
• Replenish – a warehouse storage space.