The ExtraCare Charitable Trust is committed to developing inspirational retirement villages for the over 55s. We enable older people to enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/ExtraCare-Charitable-Trust/opportunities/Volunteer-Facilitator/59665 to join
SummaryWe are looking for an individual who would like to support our activity coordinator in providing great stimulus and enjoyment for the residents
The Volunteer Facilitator’s main tasks:
· Supporting the Catering & Hospitality Manager to provide a quality service to residents, their families, and visitors
· The ability to volunteer across multi facets of the organisation in providing entertainment, catering, and hospitality services
· Taking an active role in ensuring the clients have a pleasant and fulfilling experience
· Responding to residents’ reactions and requests
· Assisting with the organising and sourcing of various equipment as required
Key skills needed for this role:
· An outgoing personality
· An understanding of Events Management would be useful
· Enjoys communicating with and spending time with people, particularly older people
· Demonstrates patience and understanding
· Trustworthy, honest and reliable
· Works well in a team and one to one
· Leadership and coaching skills
This role does not include the following tasks:
· Personal care tasks
· Administering medication
· Advice or support in relation to a person’s financial affairs
· No transferring (manual handling) of residents
Training and Development:
· Accessing training required to carry out the role and to further personal development
· Accumulating relevant work experience
· Direction and support
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
Getting thereWe are located behind B&Q Gloucester
About ExtraCare Charitable Trust
ExtraCare retirement villages are not just about providing new places to live. They’re about giving their residents a new lease of life. We believe that health, age or financial means should be no barrier to an enhanced quality of life
If care/support is required, it can be assessed and provided in the comfort and privacy of your own Village home. This means that couples can remain together if one partner becomes frail.
We foster an environment of supported independence where residents can take advantage of the social and leisure opportunities provided by the Trust.
To enable the Village to offer a wide range of facilities, we encourage volunteering as a path to continued well being through the inclusion of both residents and external volunteers. We offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities that enables inclusivity, which can range from reception duties, befriending, coffee shop, gym to name just a few.