Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Dr-Jenners-House/opportunities/Garden-Volunteer/53687 to join
SummaryApply your green fingers to our unique historic garden!
The garden at Dr Jenner’s House is unique; retaining many of the elements introduced by Edward Jenner in the early 1800s, including a 200-year-old grape vine. Alongside this you will find trees, medicinal herbs, flower borders, fruit bushes and vegetables. Our Garden Volunteers apply their green fingers to this beautiful and peaceful garden, creating a fantastic experience for our visitors and maintaining the Jenner’s planting vision for future generations.
What will I do?
Although it’s fair to say that no two days are the same at Dr Jenner’s House, our Garden Volunteers can usually be found:
- Weeding and pruning;
- Planting and harvesting fruit and vegetables;
- Maintaining paths and edges;
- Talking to visitors and sharing what they are doing;
- Attending regular briefings to keep up to date with the latest news and activities at Dr Jenner’s House.
Is it for me?
This could be the role for you if you:
- Know your roses from your raspberries;
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Are happy being outdoors in all seasons;
- Can work safely with common garden tools.
Previous experience of working or volunteering in gardening is not necessary as a full induction and ongoing support is provided.
Garden volunteers tend to commit to one day per week, but we can discuss timings with you on an individual basis.
What else do I need to know?
Volunteering at Dr Jenner’s House is a great way to learn new skills, meet like-minded people and, of course, make a real contribution to our work as an independent charity. Our volunteer group is vibrant and friendly and there are regular social events.
Volunteers also receive:
- Free entry to the museum;
- 10% discount on full-price adult/concession admission for up to two friends/family members visiting with you, or 10% discount on a full-price family ticket for friends/family members visiting with you;
- 10% discount on paid-for museum events;
- 10% discount in the museum shop;
- Quarterly volunteer newsletter.
Please note this position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. If we offer you a volunteer role there is no intention to create a legally binding contract between us. Any agreement may be cancelled at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.