CCP is a registered charity (No.1043143) that exists to transform the lives of children, young people, families and vulnerable adults by preventing homelessness, strengthening families and promoting ...
Pantry General Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/CCP/opportunities/Pantry-General-Assistant/54860 to join
SummaryThe Pantry was started in June 2019 and is currently serving around 150 people a week. These people are on low incomes and are struggling to pay for food, they
We need you to help within:
The Community Pantry. The Pantry was started in June 2019 and is currently serving around 150 people a week. These people are on low incomes and are struggling to pay for food, they sign up to become a Member of the Pantry which enables them to do a shop once a week for £3.50. This allows Members to choose items to the value of around £15 with free fruit and veg on top. Food poverty is rarely seen in isolation – many Members suffer from poor physical and mental health, addiction issues, difficulties with benefits and accommodation etc.
We will ask of you to do the following:
We are currently fully staffed with volunteers but are looking for one or two people to be available on an ad hoc basis to cover illness and holidays.
The work includes:
· Greeting Members as they come into the Pantry.
· If appropriate, helping them to make food choices.
· Restocking the shelves and maintaining order in the stock room.
· Taking money from the Members for their shopping.
· Helping Members to put their goods in a bag.
· Above all, to present a friendly and relaxed experience and to be able to listen and not judge.
We commit to you
- Training will be held in the Pantry “on the job”.
- We will provide you with regular support and supervision during your time with us.
- We see you as part of the team and invite you to our All CCP away day and other activities through the year.
- We have a designated Volunteer Co-Ordinator who will be on hand to support you with your volunteering journey within CCP.
What we hear from the Volunteers:
"No person should go hungry, the pantry is a great resource for people who struggle to feed themselves or their families".