Pantry General Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/CCP/opportunities/Pantry-General-Assistant/54860 to join
SummaryThe Pantry was started in June 2019 and is currently serving around 150 people a week. These people are on low incomes and are struggling to pay for food, they
We need you to help within:
The Community Pantry. The Pantry was started in June 2019 and is currently serving around 150 people a week. These people are on low incomes and are struggling to pay for food, they sign up to become a Member of the Pantry which enables them to do a shop once a week for £3.50. This allows Members to choose items to the value of around £15 with free fruit and veg on top. Food poverty is rarely seen in isolation – many Members suffer from poor physical and mental health, addiction issues, difficulties with benefits and accommodation etc.
We will ask of you to do the following:
We are currently fully staffed with volunteers but are looking for one or two people to be available on an ad hoc basis to cover illness and holidays.
The work includes:
· Greeting Members as they come into the Pantry.
· If appropriate, helping them to make food choices.
· Restocking the shelves and maintaining order in the stock room.
· Taking money from the Members for their shopping.
· Helping Members to put their goods in a bag.
· Above all, to present a friendly and relaxed experience and to be able to listen and not judge.
We commit to you
- Training will be held in the Pantry “on the job”.
- We will provide you with regular support and supervision during your time with us.
- We see you as part of the team and invite you to our All CCP away day and other activities through the year.
- We have a designated Volunteer Co-Ordinator who will be on hand to support you with your volunteering journey within CCP.
What we hear from the Volunteers:
"No person should go hungry, the pantry is a great resource for people who struggle to feed themselves or their families".