Together in Matson aims to provide positive responses and resources in order to combat the negative challenges faced by members of the community of Matson and surrounding areas. Using a strength-based ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Together-in-Matson/opportunities/Volunteer-Chef/52764 to join
SummaryAre you a keen cook? We are looking for someone to help us cook meals for older people at our community centre.
About the role
We are looking for a chef/cook who is qualified to serve 25 meals to older people.
We need someone to be there Monday mornings 9pm – 1pm and Friday 4.30 – 6pm early evening and you could choose one of those times or both.
The types of food would be meals like Cottage pie, Pie and chips, Chicken casserole and be able to do a great pudding!
- Make a Real Difference – Many members who use our services regularly come to rely upon them to socialise, meet with friends and experience new things. These important services, simply would not run without our volunteers.
- Develop Skills Without Realising – Patience, diffusing tension, problem solving, group management, team building…you can go on courses to practice all of these. Or you can volunteer with us and develop them all at once.
- Do It For Your Future – Enhanced skills, check. Self-motivation, check. Accepts responsibility, check. Not motivated by money, check.
- Part Of A Team – We’re a team and we run everything as a team. Everyone gets our total support, and a unique opportunity to learn.
- …It Makes Us Happy! – The warm glow of seeing our members smile – sometimes that’s all that matters!