The Door's mission is to bring hope into the lives of young people and their families, through unlocking potential and opening opportunity so their past does not define their future. Motivated by the ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/The-Door-Youth-Project/opportunities/Youthwork-Volunteer/52814 to join
SummaryYouthwork volunteers work alongside the youthwork staff to provide activities, engage with young people and manage the day to day running of the clubs.
About The Opportunity
- The Door runs a variety of youth club sessions for young people aged 8-25.
- These include open sessions which are free for all young people to come along and hang out, get something to eat and take part in activities and more tailored sessions such as those of job seekers and young parents.
- Youthwork volunteers work alongside The Door's amazing youthwork staff to provide activities, engage with young people and manage the day to day running of the sessions.
- They are there to develop positive, supportive relationships with the young people, to be a source of encouragement
- Engage in social activities including external trips or events
To be ready and willing to pass on his or her own skills and experiences to help the young people develop
To be a positive and active role model
What we are looking for:
Enthusiastic, friendly volunteers that want to get to know the young people we work with, to come alongside them and take part in activities together in session and out and about.
- Most youthwork sessions last 2 hours, volunteers would be expected to arrive no later than 15 minutes before a session and leave no sooner than 15 minutes after it has finished.
- Volunteers are welcome to commit to as many or as few sessions a week / month as they wish but to help with rotas will need to be consistent with what they can offer.
- We also encourage volunteers to take part in monthly Group Development sessions which happen once a month
- Full training will be given and consists of 4 weekday evenings 7:30-9:30pm and 2 Saturday morning sessions 9am - 1pm
- If you are unable to make all sessions a catch up will be provided.
- Finally all applicants should be sympathetic to the Christian ethos of The Door.
To apply, please click 'Join' and you will be asked a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.