Book Specialist - Tewkesbury
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Tenovus-Cancer-Care/opportunities/Book-Specialist---Tewkesbury/73382 to join
SummaryWe need a volunteer with a keen interest in literature to help sort, value and display our book donations in our shops to help turn them into cash.
Why am I needed?
Community is at the heart of everything that we do at Tenovus Cancer Care to help those affected by cancer. Our aim is simple – to deliver a vision where fewer people get cancer and those that do receive equal access to excellent treatment. However, we can’t do this without your help. Our shops in local communities are crucial to us raising vital funds. So, we’d like you to volunteer your time and commitment to help us make a difference. We need you to help sort, value and display our book donations in our shops to help turn them into cash.
What will I be doing?
- Sorting through our book donations and pricing them ready for sale
- Researching interesting books online on sites such as eBay, Amazon and Abe Books to value them for sale in the shop
- Displaying the books on the shop floor ensuring books are rotated regularly to increase sales
- Enlisting help from local auction houses when needed
- Speaking with customers, making them welcome and answering queries
- Promoting awareness of the charity and the services that we provide.
How much time do I need to commit?
We’d need you to give around three hours per week if you can with the possibility to do more if you’d like to. However, we appreciate any time you’d like to give; please let us know this on your application form. All we ask is that you give the same hours each week and that you let us know as soon as you can if you’re not able to make it. This’ll help us to plan our week.
What benefits can I expect?
- Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you’re making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access our unique services
- The opportunity to be creative and bring new ideas to the shop
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Access to all internal vacancies
- Access to training
- The enjoyment of meeting new people and being part of our Retail Team
- The chance to gain experience of helping Wales’ leading cancer charity.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be based within the Tewkesbury Tenovus Cancer Care shop.
Whether you’re a volunteer, supporter, or staff member, we want everyone to feel welcome at Tenovus Cancer Care. We are committed to greater diversity across our people to make sure we have a breadth of experience, skills and perspective that reflects the communities we serve.
We are working to ensure that Tenovus Cancer Care is a fair and equitable place to volunteer. We strive to ensure everyone is treated fairly, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion, or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Tenovus Cancer Care
Give hope. Help cope.
We are a Wales-based charity giving help, hope, and a voice to everyone affected by cancer.