Art Group Enabler
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/ReConnect-Gloucestershire-CIC/opportunities/Art-Group-Enabler/76654 to join
SummarySupport for a group of people with stroke or long-term health conditions who meet at Stroud Brewery every Wed afternoon (13:45 to 15:45) led by an artist.
ReConnect supports people affected by Stroke, Dementia, Aphasia, and other long term health conditions to connect with each other. We facilitate a peer befriending scheme and peer support groups across Gloucestershire to help reduce social isolation and build the confidence and self-esteem.
As a Group Enabler, you will:
- support our Group Leaders to run peer support groups for people affected by long term conditions such as stroke, dementia and brain injury
- help the Group Leader to ensure everyone feels comfortable in the group.
- organise tea and coffee for the group.
- Support positive group dynamics.
- encourage people to achieve personal goals within the group.
- support people to become more independent.
This role might be perfect for you, if you are:
- able to enable and empower people to help themselves.
- empathetic and non-judgemental.
- willing to try new things and adapt to the needs of the people you are supporting.
- happy to be autonomous with guidance from a key staff member.
- over 18 years old
- reliable, clean and presentable
- an interest in art
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- an induction and on-going training, covering safeguarding, health & safety.
- regular ongoing support from a staff member.
- meeting people who have been affected by stroke, aphasia, dementia and other long-term health conditions.
- an opportunity to enhance your CV or learn new skills.
- connection to your local community.
- being a valued member of an incredible and friendly team.
- out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed.
Location & time commitment:
- Stroud Brewery London Road Stroud.
- Every Wed from 13:45 to 15.45 (arrive 15 mins beforehand and leave 15 mins after)
- To apply, please send us a message via Go Volunteer.
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level is required for this role. ReConnect will process this with you for free.
- Once we have received your application, references and DBS check we will arrange a time for your training