We’re Europe’s biggest conservation charity and we look after nature, beauty and history for everyone to enjoy.
We work to tackle climate change, protect historic sites and help people and nature ...
Café Volunteer at Tinkley Gate, Woodchester Park
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/National-Trust/opportunities/Cafe-Volunteer-at-Tinkley-Gate-Woodchester-Park/68890 to join
SummaryOur Food and Beverage volunteers understand the importance of a little sit-down, and help visitors to relax, refuel and refresh during their visit.
Imagine a world without cakes! Our Food and Beverage volunteers understand the importance of a little sit-down, and help visitors to relax, refuel and refresh during their visit to the popular cafe at Tinkley Gate, Woodchester Park.
• Warmly welcoming people to Tinkley Gate, and serving food and drink with a smile
• Making sure there’s always enough food on display
• Getting to know the food you serve, where it’s from and who makes it for example – it's great information to share when there’s a queue
• Working together to minimise wait time
• Keeping the café clean and tidy, clearing tables, using the dishwasher and helping with the end of day clean up
• Following food hygiene and health and safety and evacuation procedures, so we take care of visitors
• Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines e.g .Covid 19
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
• Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
• Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
• Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer websiteThis role will suit you if you are...• Someone that likes being around people – you’ll meet a lot of people in this role!
• Looking for a varied role – you’ll be juggling tasks as well as trays of food
• Keen to be part of a dynamic team
• Good at keeping places looking lovely
• If you’ve got catering experience – we’d love to hear about it
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
• Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us
• Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
• Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity
By getting involved you could
• Join an enthusiastic team and make new friends
• Develop your hospitality skills and put them into practice
• Use your smile and customer service skills, so people feel at home
• Help us raise money so we continue our work looking after special places
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
Getting thereEntrance to Tinkley Gate is on Tinkley Lane. Zoom in on the map to see the pin marking our location.
About National Trust - Cotswolds
We work to tackle climate change, protect historic sites and help people and nature thrive.
Our volunteers make our work to look after nature and history for future generations possible.