Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust
Llanthony Secunda Priory in Gloucester is the remains of a once large and important Augustinian Priory which was founded outside the city walls in 1136. It is a scheduled monument with listed ...
Event Promotion Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Llanthony-Secunda-Priory-Trust/opportunities/Event-Promotion-Volunteer/56583 to join
SummaryThis role is a ‘behind the scenes’ role helping to promote our calendar of events by designing and distributing a range of posters and marketing material.
- Develop a range of eye-catching event posters/marketing material
- Work within our brand guidelines using existing imagery and logos
- Distribution of event posters/marketing material in and around Gloucester.
- Work as part of a team
- Work always in accordance with the aims of LSPT, and appropriate policies, particularly those for equality, diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
- Additional tasks may be offered based on an individual’s skills and interests
Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust is looking for help to promote our busy calendar of events throughout the year by designing and distributing a range of eye-catching posters and marketing material. The hours of this role are flexible; however, you will be working towards tight deadlines as we like to start promoting events at least two months in advance. This role can be completed at home or in the Trust office.
This is a very creative role, supported by staff, where you can make a big difference for Llanthony, whilst developing your own skills and experience. A full design brief will be given for each event along with brand guidelines, imagery, and examples of previous work.
Qualities we are looking for include:
- Prior design experience either professionally, as an arts student, or as a keen hobby. Examples of your work is required.
- Reliable, punctual, and diligent
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of importance in adhering to brand guidelines
- Able to keep to tight deadlines
- Happy to distribute event posters/marketing material in and around Gloucester
- Current driving license and access to a vehicle would be beneficial but not essential
- Well presented, friendly and polite
What we offer you:
As a small team, we value and appreciate the support our volunteers give us. As an Event Promotion Volunteer you will play a vital part in the success of our events.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be part of a friendly working environment
- Get to volunteer in a beautiful grade I and II listed site
- Be part of maintaining an important heritage site in Gloucester
- Free parking on event days (subject to availability)
What we expect from volunteers:
As a charity Llanthony Secunda Priory expects the relationship with volunteers to be mutually beneficial, with both staff and volunteers benefitting from working together.
We expect volunteers:
- To treat staff, visitors and fellow volunteers with respect and consideration.
- To promote Llanthony Secunda Priory in a positive way to the public and our visitors
- To act professionally when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory in public (on site at Llanthony Secunda Priory as well as when representing Llanthony Secunda Priory elsewhere)
- To communicate issues and/or concerns with staff
- To adhere to the LSP Trust’s decisions, policies, and procedures
- To always conduct your role safely, for your own safety as well as others
Our volunteer training covers topics relevant to volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust, including induction, event orientation, knowledge, skills, and interaction with others.
An outline of induction and the training available for volunteers and how they are delivered can be found in the Volunteer Handbook under Information on Volunteering at Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust. Llanthony Secunda Priory Trust hopes to expect that all volunteers will operate within the expected practice detailed above and in the Volunteer Handbook. Support will be given by the Operations and Volunteer Manager.
How to apply
If you would like to become an Event Promotion Volunteer, please click 'Join' and answer a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps.