Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Langley-House-Trust1/opportunities/Befriender/61424 to join
SummaryTo work with clients on a variety of tasks, teaching and guiding them through practical work and life experience.
Working under the direction of the Service Manager, to befriend and mentor clients, providing support with everyday tasks, such as:
3. Helping client to arrange interviews or appointments
4. Helping client to complete official forms and applications
5. Helping with social skills, such as going for tea/ coffee or other outings
6. Supporting clients to engage in activities at the project
7. Providing a listening ear
8. Reporting back to Service Manager or staff on engagement with clients, highlighting any improvement or issues that give cause for concern.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Langley House Trust
Langley House Trust is an innovative, brave and far-reaching Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for individuals with a history of offending behaviour, who are seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958, we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending. Our reconviction rate for people in our housing is one of the lowest in the Country, standing at 3%. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none. Our person-centred support works and it changes lives!