The Kings Theatre is run solely by volunteers. We have a variety of theatrical company's/groups that hire the theatre on a regular basis, from the University of Gloucester to local amateur theatre ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Kings-Theatre/opportunities/Trustee-Treasurer/55873 to join
SummaryWe are looking for a Treasurer to deal with the day to day finances of the theatre. Knowledge of grant funding and Xero will be useful.
We are looking for a Treasurer to deal with the day to day finances of the theatre. Knowledge of grant funding and Xero will be useful. You will work alongside other Trustees and the Management Committee. We use the finance package Xero, so good knowledge of this would be preferable, or a willingness to learn how to use it. Our accounts are submitted to our accountants at the end of the year for ratification.
- Maintaining adequate financial records of all transactions, both income and expenditure.
- Control of banking & payment / authorisation of invoices / expenses. Liaising with the Theatre Operations Manager and Board of Trustees on financial matters.
- Liaising and working with our accountants.
- Monitor on a daily basis the theatre's financial email address and action as appropriate.
- Preparing financial reports for Trustees & Management Meetings. Attending Trustee meetings (up to 10 per year).
- Administration of our Kings 100 Club.
- Completion of the annual returns to PPL/PRS.
- Ensure insurance policy fully meets the needs of the theatre.
- Negotiate new gas and electricity contracts (currently on a 3 years fixed rate until September 2024).
- Helping to ensure theatre compliance with all legal and health & safety requirements / legislation.
The successful candidate will be required to join the Kings Theatre board for a minimum term of three years. Please note this is a voluntary role and we are looking for a person who is computer literate and has a good head for figures.
Also, someone who is keen to support our aims and objectives as an community theatre run for and on behalf of our community promoting the education of performing arts to the general public in Gloucester and the surrounding areas.
If you would like an informal chat about the role and/or more information about The Kings Theatre please contact us. To apply, please send your CV together with a short letter outlining why you are interested in the role.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Kings Theatre
When the theatre is in use our front of house area requires one person to run the box office, two people to sell programmes (if required) and to serve teas, coffees etc at the beginning and during the interval and finally two people to run our bar. At the end of the show we all muck in to clear up ready for the next show.
Training will be provided for all of these roles. We use Ticketsource for our ticket sales and Tabology for our bar sales, so some computer knowledge would be useful.
We have a great group of volunteers already at Kings but we it would fantastic to have some new people on board! Our volunteers age from 16 through to 78, so please come along and join us!