Honour Thy Woman Group
Empowering women and those who identify as women in our communities against domestic abuse. Giving them support quickly and continuously with our holistic approach improving their confidence, pride, ...
Peer Mentors needed to support clients who have experienced Domestic Abuse
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Honour-Thy-Woman-Group/opportunities/Peer-Mentors-needed-to-support-clients-who-have-experienced-Domestic-Abuse/54592 to join
SummaryDo you want make a difference in someone's life? Are you a good listener? Have you experienced trauma and now want to empower other women?
We are looking for 1 more Key Peer Mentor to join our organisation must live or willing travel to Cheltenham area.
- Do you want make a difference in someone's life?
- Are you a good listener?
- Have you experienced trauma and now want to empower other women in a rural area?
- Have you experienced an abusive or controlling relationship and recovered from the trauma for at least 1 year?
- Are you willing to commit to a mentorship relationship with clients and provide them with support and empowerment?
This role is perfect for you! Come join our Team of volunteers.
- Value the client as a person
- Develop mutual trust and respect
- Maintain confidentiality
- Listen both to what is being said and how it is being said
- Help the client solve their own problem, rather than give direction
- Focus on the client's development
- Provide guidance, motivation, emotional support
- Assist with setting goals, developing contacts, and identifying resources.
Skills, qualifications or qualities that are a good fit for this opportunity:
- Showing Initiative
- Following Through
- Managing the Relationship
- Providing Corrective Feedback
- Managing Risks
- Listening Actively
- Building Trust
All Peer Mentors will be provided with
- Domestic Abuse Training (with Tools4Change)
- Safeguarding, Mental Health Awareness (with LearnPro)
- HBV/FGM/Forced Marriage (with Zinthiya Trust)
- Domestic Abuse Housing Pathways training (with Gloucester City Council).
The following is needed for the volunteer to be able to volunteer
Enhanced DBS Check (funded if needed)
Arrangements our organisation have got in place to support volunteers:
- Volunteer expenses covered including travel
- Admin expenses paid
- Induction for volunteers
- Training provided
- Private mobile phones
- Mobile Bill paid / Reimbursed
- Coffee Loyalty Cards
- Lunch Expenses Paid
- 20% discount at Nuffield Health Gym
- Free entry for events
- Access to Wellbeing Activities
- Reimbursements paid bi-weekly
- Wellbeing Officer available for support
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Honour Thy Woman Group
We support women and those who identify as women against domestic abuse. We're an community outreach group based in Gloucester. We aim to support women all over Gloucestershire. We host a large range of activities from creative outlets to support mental health and well-being to self defence classes.
Our classes and events are held online or at venues across Gloucestershire