Be a Champion for families with young children
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Home-Start-Stroud-and-Gloucester/opportunities/Be-a-Champion-for-families-with-young-children/65045 to join
SummaryBe a Champion for Young Families and help to ensure that children get the best start in life. Listen, Support, Empower. Make a difference!
As a volunteer for Home-Start you'll be a listening ear and support to a family, helping them to get through a difficult period in their lives. You'll also have ample opportunity to play and make the early years period an enjoyable one for the whole family!
We will provide training and advice before and throughout your volunteering journey. What you can expect to offer a family is:
• Support, friendship and practical help.
• Visit families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected.
• Reassure families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual, parenthood is not always easy!
• Emphasise the positive aspects of family life.
• Develop a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed.
• Encourage parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own family.
• Encourage families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available in the community.
As a Home-Start champion the commitment is 2-3 hours per week or even a month depending on what time you can offer.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for us, please click 'Join' and you will be asked a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps with you.