Enablement Centre Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Headway-Gloucestershire/opportunities/Enablement-Centre-Assistant/54097 to join
SummaryHelp us to provide a warm welcome and plenty of support so that our community can make the most of our centre and the activities we offer.
Our centre based Enablement Services offers a daily programme of activities that supports our community as they work towards their individual recovery goals. We are looking for volunteers to join us who can:-
- Provide a warm welcome and an inclusive approach, and assist staff to deliver a changing programme of activities.
- Provide a listening ear and work with us to maintain a safe environment that encourages our community to identify and work towards their own recovery goals
- Provide connection and conversations to members of our community who are experiencing isolation and loneliness.
We greatly value a variety of transferable skills, to enhance our work with adult brain injury survivors.
· you may have been involved in caring for others.
· can share your expertise in the kitchen or garden.
· taught literacy or numeracy.
· are knowledgeable about IT.
· want to share a love of reading.
If you have a skill you are happy to share, and a few free hours a week, please contact us.
Tailored induction programme and ongoing support from a friendly team
The Enablement Centre is open Monday - Friday 9.30am - 3pm.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
Getting thereWe are close to the train and bus stations, parking available.
About Headway Gloucestershire
We provide essential services across Gloucestershire for people with acquired brain injuries, their partners, families, friends and carers.