Armed Forces and Veteran community coffee morning
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Carers-Hub/opportunities/Armed-Forces-and-Veteran-community-coffee-morning/68735 to join
SummaryLooking for a volunteer with experience of AF and veteran community or a passion for supporting AF/veterans to help host a variety of AF/Veteran coffee mornings
Gloucestershire Carers Hub is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Volunteer Coffee Morning Facilitator to join our team. As a Volunteer Coffee Morning Facilitator, you will play a crucial role in providing support, companionship, and a welcoming environment for Carers in Gloucestershire. This role is essential in ensuring Carers have a safe space to connect, share experiences, and find respite in their caregiving journey.
- Organise and facilitate regular coffee morning sessions for Carers who are in the Armed Forces or members of the veteran community in Gloucestershire, providing a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Greet Carers upon arrival, ensuring each individual feels valued and included.
- Foster a sense of community by encouraging Carers to connect and share their experiences with one another.
- Possibly, coordinate guest speakers, social activities, and workshops to enhance the coffee morning sessions.
- Provide guidance and support to Carers, signposting them to relevant resources, services, or support networks.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, feedback, and any relevant information shared during the coffee mornings.
- Collaborate closely with the Gloucestershire Carers Hub team to ensure the coffee mornings align with the organisation's goals and values.
- Uphold confidentiality and demonstrate sensitivity to the individual needs and challenges faced by Carers.
- Prior experience in a facilitation or similar role is desirable, but not essential.
- Passion for supporting and empowering Carers, with a genuine interest in their wellbeing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Non-judgmental and empathetic approach, ensuring carers feel comfortable and safe sharing their experiences.
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Reliability and punctuality, as coffee morning sessions are time-sensitive.
- Flexibility to accommodate occasional evening or weekend sessions.
- Basic computer literacy to record attendance and feedback using digital platforms.
- Commitment to adhering to safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Residency within Gloucestershire or surrounding areas is preferable.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of Carers within the Gloucestershire community.
- Valuable experience within the non-profit sector, enhancing your facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ongoing support and training from the Gloucestershire Carers Hub team.
- A chance to develop new connections and gain insights into various caregiving experiences.
- Flexible scheduling to accommodate personal commitments.
To apply for the position of Volunteer Coffee Morning Facilitator, please submit a message on here and we will respond ASAP
Note: This is a voluntary position, and therefore no remuneration will be provided. Travel expenses incurred as part of the role will be reimbursed in accordance with our organisation's policy.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Gloucestershire Carers Hub
If you register with the Carers Hub you will have access to free information, guidance, support, to empower you in your caring role. This could help you to meet other carers and to interact with others in a safe space.
The Carers Hub is an easily accessed service where you can gain support, feel valued and offload your worries or concerns.
What help can I get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from our supportive Triage team
Signposting to other services
Contingency Planning Support
Benefits and financial advice
Full carers assessments, support planning and reviews
Access to groups
Training, social gatherings and activities
Access to the Carer Aware Discount Scheme
Professional counselling service
We offer a safe space to talk about you and your caring role, we will work with you to identify how we can support you.