Ewe Space Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL-Communities/opportunities/Ewe-Space-Volunteer/53114 to join
SummaryCome and join a wonderful team of volunteers and staff at The Ewe Space Community Hub for the role of General Volunteer.
The Ewe Space Volunteer
Role: General Volunteer
Where: The Ewe Space, Matson Avenue Shops
Come and join a wonderful team of volunteers and staff at The Ewe Space Community Hub for the role of General Volunteer.
At The Ewe Space we offer a range of services to support and encourage the local community, also leading the project ‘The Matson & Robinswood Resident Group’. We need a volunteer that would kindly give some time to help greet our residents and act as a welcoming befriender to the wider community. This is an unpaid role; however, we do offer training and development. There are opportunities to develop your own community led project, with our support. You will ideally have some knowledge of the Matson community and experience working with people, however, training can be given to an enthusiastic person.
· Excellent people and communication skills.
· Welcoming visitors and direct them to; sign in/out book, to laptops, telephone, and appropriate contact for support.
· Ability to make hot drinks for visiting residents, volunteers and staff.
· Have Health & Safety experience or a willingness to learn.
· A good team player that will uphold the values of GL Communities.
· Valued work experience and ability to fill in the gaps of unemployment.
· References for future work etc.
· Personal growth and training.
· Making a difference to the community.
· Working with a wide range of people.
There are many benefits in volunteering, and we want you to make the best of your own personal goals within this community scheme like; training, personal development, socializing to name but a few. It is even been reported that it’s good for your health (mind and body).
To apply - simply click 'Join' and answer a short question. We will then be in touch to discuss the next steps.
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About GL Communities
We provide Advice and Advocacy, Education and Employability, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion with Community Development and Engagment throughout our work.
We have 3 bases Advice and Resource Centre, Ewe Space and Phoenix Centre all in Matson.
We run a volunteer project within all areas of our work and volunteers are an integral part of our organisation from our Board members to working alongside all our teams.