Charity Shop Assistant
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL-Communities/opportunities/Charity-Shop-Assistant/53105 to join
SummaryThis is an exciting role working within our small team in the charity shop.
Charity Shop Customer Assistant
Role: Customer Assistant
Where: Advice and Resource Centre (ARC) Matson
We are looking for someone with a great personality, a can-do attitude and positive approach to work with our small team within the ARC helping people to express themselves within our environment, no matter their situation.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of GL Communities.
You will be providing support for our other team of members within ARC.
Working under their supervision you will develop experience of dealing with the general public, plus other beneficial employment skills.
· To provide a well-structured customer service with a smile always and wearing your volunteer badge to help identify who you are.
· Putting out tables and chairs (weather permitting).
· Money handling; being able to enter information into the till and writing down each item so this can be banked each week.
· Serve our customers and dealing with enquires.
· Ensuring all donations are sellable items, that are undamaged but clean/tidy and if need be your able to iron all useable clothing to the public.
· Maintaining weekly / seasonal rotation of stock on shelves and rails.
· Keeping shop front, Stockroom and all other areas clutter free.
· All unsellable and old stock are, bagged ready for tip run.
· Oversee the computer booths making sure the correct form in the folder is completed.
· To work as part of the extensive team within GL Communities including attending the Volunteer meetings and any additional training required.
· Conform to all GL Communities Policies and Procedures. (copies on request) i.e. General Data Protection Regulations/Safeguarding.
· Enjoy your time with us and please don’t be afraid to speak up about any concerns, your opinion does matter.
· Valued work experience and ability to fill in the gaps of unemployment.
· References for future work etc.
· Personal growth and training.
· Making a difference to the community.
· Working with a wide range of people.
There are many benefits in volunteering, and we want you to make the best of your own personal goals within this community scheme like; training, personal development, socializing to name but a few. It is even been reported that it’s good for your health (mind and body).
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About GL Communities
We provide Advice and Advocacy, Education and Employability, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion with Community Development and Engagment throughout our work.
We have 3 bases Advice and Resource Centre, Ewe Space and Phoenix Centre all in Matson.
We run a volunteer project within all areas of our work and volunteers are an integral part of our organisation from our Board members to working alongside all our teams.