Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Forest-Community-Shed/opportunities/Community-Projects-lead/67725 to join
SummaryThe Shed supports the wider community by carrying out work for them. We need someone to organise and lead this activity.
Carrying out community projects is an important part of the shed, members get great value and self-worth from working together to benefit others. They generated income, and supports other community groups and those in need.
The Shed invites donations (Over and above agreed materials and service costs) towards the Shed’s future development.
· Identify the most appropriate customers/groups and focus on potential customers
· Liaise with community groups, forums or networks where local community groups connect
· Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed
· Plan project workload
· Book workshop sessions/0ff-site support
· Attendance of meetings involving community groups in the area if appropriate
· Manage expectations
· Ensure a reasonable donation is received for work done
· Encourage members to take part and some to lead projects
· Get customer feedback
· Promote work done.
· Promote service
• Offer to other local community groups, using resources such as FVAF
· Maintain Project form and send to those enquiring in a timely manner
· Liaise with client to ensure all details are received, especially any time restrictions and availability of their own funding.
· Seek financial support for groups without reserves, e.g. Lions, Rotary
· Book the workshop for at least 1 day/month for exclusively community projects
· Prioritise projects and ensure completed on time
· Ensure payment is received and projects are mostly profitable, liaise with Treasurer
· Determine a project leader for each project, preferably the most local.
· Cost materials needed or design items required with Workshop supervisor
· Seek good prices for materials and timber donations
• Order materials, and/or reserve materials in stock
· Seek and arrange member support for workshop session depending on work to be done
· If project is off site arrange date and times
· Ensure all equipment, consumables, volunteers are available in advance of the day
• If off-site arrange collection of any items needed on the day and ensure they are all returned
• Ensure pictures are taken of any work carried out, specifically before & after shots
• Promote work undertaken. Work with Media Lead
• Ensure customer satisfaction
• Dedicated to the organisation’s cause and objectives
• Inquisitive and self-motivated.
· Time to research and contact other groups
· Attend workshop session to organise manufacturing or delegate.
About Forest Community Shed
A voluntary community group, for everyone, providing a social environment for well being through shared creativity