Research Development Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Epilepsy-Action/opportunities/Research-Development-Volunteer/60515 to join
SummaryDo you want to influence research that might improve the lives of people living with epilepsy? We want your input to help shape epilepsy research.
You are the experts on what it is like to live with epilepsy and that’s why we believe you should be at the heart of developing epilepsy research.
We get requests all the time from researchers wanting us to provide advice and guidance to ensure that their research projects are well designed and focus on the needs of people living with epilepsy. They want to ensure that their projects will deliver something that will be of value and maybe change the lives of people living with epilepsy. There are a wide variety of projects from those focussed on medicine or surgery to those on mental health, diet and technology.
You can pick and chose the projects that most interest you. We’d love for you to get involved and make your voice heard in the research that we support.
What you will be doing
- Working with researchers to plan and design their projects
- Giving feedback on research proposals and ideas
- Reviewing applications to Epilepsy Action for research funding
- Commenting on and developing research materials, for example questionnaires and information leaflets for participants
- Sharing and presenting the findings from research with everyone who might be interested
What skills you need
- Strong understanding of what it’s like to live with epilepsy and an appreciation of the challenges this brings
- Ability to present your views verbally and in writing
- Good IT skills
- Appreciation of the need for confidentiality
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to influence research that may go on to change the lives of people living with epilepsy
- Ability to choose research projects that are most interesting to you
- Regular updates on research projects
- Connect with other research volunteers and be part of a supportive network to share experiences and best practice
- Our expertise in induction, training and support, with your own dedicated volunteer supervisor
What we will provide to volunteers🤝 Extra support
About Epilepsy Action
We want high quality, accessible healthcare services, so that people with epilepsy have the support they need to manage their condition.
We want wider awareness and understanding of epilepsy, so that people living with the condition are treated with fairness and respect.
Our supporters, members, staff and volunteers are united by these common goals.
Together we provide support and expert advice and fight for a better deal for people with epilepsy.