Recovery support volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Change-Grow-Live/opportunities/Recovery-support-volunteer/69284 to join
SummaryAn exciting opportunity to work as a volunteer with CGL supporting people to change the direction of their life, grow as an individual, and live life to to full
Do you want to help people make positive changes in their life and support them to live life to its full potential?
Then we need you!
As a Recovery Support Volunteer you will be working in close collaboration with Recovery Navigators, assisting them in their caseload management and supporting people in recovery through all aspects of their treatment journey. This can include completing assessments, risk management plans and undertaking one to one work. You will receive training and support and if desired work towards holding a small caseload of low-risk clients.
· Support the recovery navigator to carry out comprehensive assessments, triage new referrals, carry out risk assessments, risk management plans and to contribute to the development of individual service user recovery plans
· Provide 1:1 key work session including harm reduction advice and recovery planning
· Support those who use our services to achieve their care plan goals
· Support and empower service users to engage in recovery activities both within Change Grow Live and the wider community, follow up and track service users
· Document sessions on case management systems
· Work towards holding a small caseload of low-risk service users, coordinating their treatment options
Multiple volunteering opportunities available with flexibility on days and time.
Full training provided with ongoing support to help you gain the most from your volunteering.
The roles will be based at one of the hubs across the county (Gloucester/Cheltenham/Stroud). Please state your preference within your application.
Click join to complete our application form and get in touch.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Change, Grow, Live
The vision we're working towards is to develop, deliver and share a whole person approach that changes society.
We exist to help people achieve their goals, to be the best that they can be and to help change society for the better. This is true whether we are talking about the people who use our services, our staff or our volunteers.
We are not in control of everything that impacts upon the people who use our services. However, we are in control of what we do, how we behave and where we focus our expertise, resources and energy.
Our aim is to work together to challenge stigma and oppression. We want our charity to be a place where our staff and people who use our services are respected and engaged. Ultimately we want to make life safer, easier and better for as many people as we can.