Age UK Gloucestershire's ambition is for Gloucestershire to be the best county in which to grow older. We think it’s great news that we’re living longer, and are here to support all older people to ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Age-UK-Gloucestershire/opportunities/Hospital-Ambassador/58042 to join
SummaryRepresenting Age UK Gloucestershire, talking to the public, patients and staff at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital about our services to support older people
Our mission is to make Gloucestershire the best county in which to grow older. A big part of this ensuring that older people know where to find the right support when they need it. Age UK Gloucestershire has an Information Hub in the atrium at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital - a permanent place for us to offer information to older people, their friends and family.
To reach as many people as possible, our volunteers will work alongside our colleagues to ensure the Hub is staff regularly.
We have hours to suit - Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm
You will have access to a range of resources to share and to encourage people to contact our Help Team.
Skills, experience and qualities needed
- Good communications skills and a friendly, approachable nature
- An ability to listen carefully and intently to understand what information to offer, providing a safe space for people to discuss their needs
- You should be comfortable working in the hospital setting, and interacting with patients, their friends and families, and with hospital staff
- After full training, you should be able to explain confidently and knowledgeably about the support available to older adults within Gloucestershire, and particularly about the services and projects provided by Age UK Gloucestershire
- A DBS check is required for this position. This will be arranged once you have committed to the role.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and help others, working within a support team of staff and volunteers, who will be with you every step of the way. A valuable experience that will enhance your CV, to use and enhance your skills and maybe develop new ones.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Age UK Gloucestershire
Too often ageing is portrayed negatively. We work to make sure people feel positive about growing older, to dispel myths and challenge ageism.
We champion age-friendly communities to make sure all older people have access to the services, activities and support they need to stay healthy and active.
We support communities to provide fun and meaningful social opportunities for older people to encourage strong social connections, reduce isolation and offer a sense of purpose.
We are the safe place for people to contact if they don’t know where else to turn. We provide high-quality information, guidance and advice to help older people make the best decisions about their social and healthcare options, and support them to access the services and claim the benefits they need to live well for longer.