The Cotswold Canals Trust is a volunteer-led charity made up of hundreds of people working together, sharing expertise and energy to save our heritage and improve our local environment for the benefit ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/The-Cotswold-Canal-Trust/opportunities/Administrator/68843 to join
SummaryThis interesting role is at the heart of our Canal operations and will provide help to the many maintenance and construction teams based at Eastington.
The Cotswold Canals Trust is a charity run by volunteers from the local community, giving time and energy to save our heritage and improve our local environment for the benefit of everyone.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reception duties including answering telephone, replying or directing emails and ensuring visitors are signed into site
- Day to day administration
- Provide administration support to Western Depot Manager and Construction Manager
- Liaising with volunteers and Trust Office and directing or actioning their enquiries
- Recording volunteer information including induction records in line with the Trust data protection policy
- Compile and distribute agendas and actions for meetings
- Collating information for weekly distribution to volunteers
- Placing orders and liaising with suppliers
- Checking diesel bowser levels, ordering where required and recording distribution
- Experience of working with computers including Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of SharePoint and Office 365 an advantage although not essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written, numerical and verbal communication skills.
The role is based at Western Depot, Eastington working between 14 and 18 hours a week ideally over 2 or 3 days (Monday and Thursday).
On site parking is avaliable.
About The Cotswold Canal Trust
Since the 1970s, volunteers have undertaken restoration and maintenance of the Cotswold Canals. With work now started on Phase 1B and exciting projects planned for Phase 2, we need more volunteers than ever to help achieve our goal of preserving, maintaining and improving the Stroudwater Navigation and the Thames & Severn Canal (i.e. the Cotswold Canals).
We have so many opportunities available from scrub bashing along the canal, dredging, operating a trip boat, sorting books at one of our bookshops to designing lock gates, the list is endless.
Cotswold Canals Trust Volunteers often speak of the new friendships, fun and sense of achievement they enjoy and we look forward to welcoming new volunteers to the team.