Stroud Hospital Befriender
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/ReConnect-Gloucestershire-CIC/opportunities/Stroud-Hospital-Befriender/67336 to join
SummaryProject:Stroud Hospital Befriending
Venue: Stroud Hospital, Trinity Road, Stroud.
Time and date: Wednesdays from 10.30 to 12.30
Ward: Jubilee ward (general)
This is an exciting new initiative between ReConnect Gloucestershire's befriending Service and Stroud Hospital. Its all ready to go; we just need the Volunteers to make it happen.
It might seem like a trivial thing but putting a simple smile on a patient’s face, makes that patient's day.
The patient might be going through a hard time whether it be the reason they are currently in the hospital or for other unknown reasons but the chance to make them smile might be the exact thing to make their day or even week. Can you be that person?
This role might be perfect for you, if you are:
- excellent at listening & communicating with people.
- empathetic and non-judgemental.
- willing to try new things and adapt to the Befriendee’s needs.
- happy to be autonomous with guidance from a key staff member.
- over 18 years old
- reliable and presentable.
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- an induction and on-going training, covering safeguarding, health & safety.
- regular ongoing support from a staff member.
- meeting new people
- connection to your local community and support/social groups.
- being a valued member of an incredible and friendly team.
- out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed.