Driver - Collect people who want to attend ReConnect groups
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/ReConnect-Gloucestershire-CIC/opportunities/Driver---Tetbury-to-Dursley-on-Wednesdays/54538 to join
SummaryCan you drive a stroke survivor or someone with a long term condition to our groups across Gloucestershire? Mileage expenses paid at 50p per mile.
ReConnect supports people affected by Stroke, Dementia, Aphasia, and other long term health conditions to connect with each other. We facilitate a peer befriending scheme and peer support groups across Gloucestershire.
As a Volunteer Driver, you will:
- meet a person affected by a long-term health condition
- transport them to a peer support group, accompanying them if needed to help grow their confidence.
- offer company, empathy and encouragement.
- support a person to become more independent by accompanying them on public transport if, and when, they are ready.
This role might be perfect for you, if you have/are:
- a full clean driving licence.
- a well-maintained roadworthy vehicle you are happy to use for volunteering, we will ask to see a copy of your most recent MOT and tax.
- a confident and safe driver.
- empathetic and non-judgemental.
- happy to be autonomous with guidance from a key staff member.
- over 18 years old.
- without a diagnosis of a severe mental health condition.
- reliable, clean and presentable.
As a volunteer, you will benefit from:
- an induction and on-going training, covering safeguarding, health & safety.
- regular ongoing support from a staff member.
- meeting new people who have experienced a long-term condition.
- connection to your local community and support/social groups.
- being a valued member of an incredible and friendly team.
- out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed.
Location & time commitment:
- most volunteers commit to 1-2 hours per week for at least three months to provide consistency for the person they support.
- timing and location are flexible depending on your, and our befriendee’s, needs.
- To apply, please complete an application form
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level is required for this role. ReConnect will process this with you for free.
- Once we have received your application, references and DBS check we will arrange a time for your training and match you with a person.