Randwick Scout Group
Club, society or other
Randwick Scout Group is a registered charity that provides the opportunities for young people between the ages of 6 and 14. Together they are able to take part in outdoor activities, to learn new ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Randwick-Scout-Group/opportunities/Volunteer-Treasurer/57437 to join
SummaryThe treasurer manages and monitors the financial activities of the group updating the committee on a monthly basis.
Randwick Scout Group is managed by a Group Executive Committee, which meets once a month and consists of a Chairperson, a Secretary, a Treasurer, leaders and parents. All members are Trustees of the charity and they are responsible for maintaining the Scout HQ building and ensuring that the Scout Group has the facilities and resources needed to deliver good Scouting in the Group.
· To monitor the finances of the Scout Group and to produce a monthly report
· To attend committee meetings and AGM
· To prepare the annual accounts
· To ensure prompt payment of invoices
· To process expenses claims
Skills and qualities required for the role:
· Ability to operate a spreadsheet
· Good administrative and communication skills
· Able to maintain confidentiality
The time commitment is roughly an hour a week plus attendance at the monthly meetings.
How this role will benefit you:
· Volunteering can be a brilliant way to boost your mental wellbeing– by helping a brilliant cause, you’ll get an amazing sense of achievement.
· It’ll boost your employability – having a Scouts role on your CV is bound to impress employers.
· You’ll learn new skills.
· Make friends and meet people.
· Positively impact your community.