North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice is an independent and local charity that offers confidential and impartial advice on debt, housing, benefits and consumer and employment issues. Every year ...
Go the extra mile - Volunteer Marshal
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/North-and-West-Gloucestershire-Citizens-Advice/opportunities/Go-the-extra-mile---Volunteer-Marshal/62990 to join
SummaryWe ‘Go the extra mile’ for our communities every day and this event will encourage the community to come together in a fun and social way to raise vital funds.
What will you do?
- support participants by directed cars and pedestrians to the event
- support participants as they take part, such as by marshalling or handing out refreshments
- help with managing the start/finish areas
- direct participants to first aider, facilities or refreshments.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have a positive attitude towards fundraising and events
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
The event will take place on Sunday 14th May and you will need to be available between 9am and 2pm. You will also be required to attend a training session prior to the event.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a walk event volunteer and would like more information please contact us.