North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice is an independent and local charity that offers confidential and impartial advice on debt, housing, benefits and consumer and employment issues. Every year ...
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/North-and-West-Gloucestershire-Citizens-Advice/opportunities/Engagement-Volunteer/54060 to join
SummaryWe are looking for an Engagement Volunteer to support with engaging with community groups and schools and promoting our fundraising message.
What will you do?
- give and presentations to community groups and schools
- work alongside other volunteers, staff, and members of the public, demonstrating professionalism and communication skills
- talk knowledgably about North and West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice and give information about advice we provide and how to donate
- promote North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice’s fundraising message
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing
- build on valuable skills such as communication, and problem solving, and increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently, in a team and within your local community
- have a positive impact in your community
- access to training and an introduction to the charity/welfare sectors
- reimbursement of expenses
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have a positive attitude towards fundraising
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a fundraising volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.