North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice is an independent and local charity that offers confidential and impartial advice on debt, housing, benefits and consumer and employment issues. Every year ...
Community Fundraising Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/North-and-West-Gloucestershire-Citizens-Advice/opportunities/Community-Fundraising-Volunteer/54047 to join
SummaryWe are looking for Community Fundraising Volunteers to support with collections and community fundraising events. We reimburse expenses and provide training
What will you do?
- place collection boxes in appropriate sites in your local area.
- assist with the administration of collection boxes (including collecting money)
- support collections and community fundraising events
- promote North & West Gloucestershire Citizens Advice’s fundraising message
- support our campaigns and fundraising products
- work alongside other volunteers, staff, and members of the public, demonstrating professionalism and communication skills
What's in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- learn about a range of issues such as benefits, debt, employment and housing
- build on valuable skills such as communication, and problem solving, and increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently, in a team and within your local community
- have a positive impact in your community
- access to training and an excellent introduction to the voluntary and welfare sectors
- reimbursement of expenses
What do you need to have?
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have a positive attitude towards fundraising
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.