Our network of over 5,000 volunteers arrange regular activities that boost the wellbeing of over 700,000 parents each year and help build communities.
Our family-friendly, flexible approach to ...
NCT Community Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/NCT1/opportunities/NCT-Community-Volunteer/65603 to join
SummaryAs a Community Volunteer you will know what is most needed to support parents in your local area and play a big role in creating spaces for parents to connect.
Local NCT groups and activities are an essential part of what we do. They provide warm, friendly, non-judgemental support to all parents, improving wellbeing and reducing isolation. As a Community Volunteer you will know what is most needed to support parents in your local area and play a big role in creating spaces for parents to connect and access reliable information and support. In this flexible role, you will support local parents by leading one of our easy to set up regular events such as a Bumps & Babies group or outdoor Walk and Talk, or holding one of our well-known Nearly New Sales.
• Planning and leading one of our local activities or services to support parents
• Advertising your group or event via social media and other platforms
• Attracting and welcoming helpers for your activity
• Following NCT guidance to ensure all events are welcoming, inclusive and safe
• Collecting and sharing information about the difference you make to parents
• Promoting NCT’s values and vision in your local community
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
Our family-friendly, flexible approach to volunteering means that you too could join our NCT family. How much time you can give is completely up to you. It’s a great way to join a like-minded community, develop new skills and have some fun.
You don’t need to be an NCT member or be a parent to volunteer, we’d love you to be involved.