Macmillian Cancer Support
Right now, more than 3 million people are living with cancer in the UK. By 2030 this figure will rise to 4 million.
We’re here to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can, by ...
Macmillan lead volunteer (Gloucestershire)
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Macmillian-Cancer-Support/opportunities/Macmillan-lead-volunteer-Gloucestershire/57956 to join
SummaryBring your organisational and communication skills to support a team of buddy volunteers, helping support people living with cancer in Gloucestershire.
Bring your organisational and communication skills to help grow and support a team of volunteers to deliver our Macmillan Buddies service across Gloucestershire. Buddy volunteers offers regular support to people living with cancer either in person, over the phone or by video call.
It's a varied role, carrying out activities like supporting volunteer recruitment, leading initial home checks for people supported at home, checking in with service users and volunteers after their first call or visits, and inputting and updating sensitive personal information on our data system. We're really keen to find leads across Gloucestershire. Together, we can be right there for people with cancer.
You need to be 18 years old or over to apply for this opportunity.
What we're looking for
- Good listening and clear communication skills
- Patient, flexible and reliable
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding whilst maintaining boundaries
- Confident to work independently and able to recognise when to ask for support
- Good IT and administration skills to use Macmillan’s IT systems and resources
What you can gain from this opportunity
- Meet new people as part of a friendly team that makes a difference
- Use and develop your communication and people skills
- Have a rewarding experience making a difference to people living with cancer
- Ongoing support from your volunteer manager
- Receive an induction, relevant training, the support to carry out your role
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Macmillian Cancer Support
We’re here to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can, by providing physical, financial and emotional support. We'll do whatever it takes, no matter what a person's needs are, we will listen and support them however they need us to — big or small.