Tewkesbury Shop Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Longfield-Hospice/opportunities/Tewkesbury-Shop-Volunteer/52801 to join
SummaryBe a part of a dynamic team working within our shops and undertake a wide range of activities.
As a volunteer, you could be undertaking a wide variety of activities in the shop, or alternatively, working in a specific area as mentioned below.
Shop Volunteer Tasks:
· To undertake any agreed tasks directed by your Managers.
· To work as arranged with the manager/deputy.
· To report back on given tasks to the shop management.
· To inform the Shop Management of any planned absence or sickness.
· To undertake further training as appropriate for role, and organisation.
· To report any Health and Safety issues to the manager.
· To work on the till (as appropriate)with a high degree of accuracy.
· To handle donations and stock using discretion and be aware of any manual handling issues.
· Bring any risks or potential risks to the attention of the management team.
· To give polite and efficient customer service for all customers.
What do we look for in volunteers?
· Sensitive to the needs of others and be able to carry out duties in a calm and efficient manner.
· Able to deal with problem solving and ‘think on their feet’.
· Able to work as part of a team.
· Discreet and maintain confidentiality.
· A good listener.
· An ambassador for Longfield and be able to direct potential users of our services to the relevant person.
· Able to know when to withdraw and involve the manager.
· Able to work with tills and other tools essential to the job role.
· Fit to carry out the role.
What training is provided?
- Initial Introduction to Longfield training
- Individual Shop induction
- Gift Aid Training
- As a volunteer you will have access to a range of education facilities and training opportunities to help and support you.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commitment to coming in on a regular basis. This can be flexible around your availability and can discuss this further on application.