Fundraising and Marketing Administrator
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Longfield-Hospice/opportunities/Fundraising-and-Marketing-Administrator/52795 to join
SummaryAs a Fundraising and Marketing Admin Volunteer, you will be working closely with our Fundraising Team carrying out various administrative tasks.
What will you be doing?
· To assist the Fundraising and Marketing Team with a range of general or dedicated administrative tasks including: Fundraising and Marketing database entries (contact and financial information); photocopying & scanning; checking reports; phoning supporters to check information; thanking supporters via telephone, email or letter. Training will be given on the user-friendly new database ‘Donorfy’.
· To take ownership of specific regular tasks or to help with annual campaigns such as the raffle or in memory campaigns, under the direction of the Supporter Relations Officer
The above list is not exhaustive and volunteers may be asked to take on other tasks to support and assist the smooth running of the Fundraising and Marketing Department.
Skills & personal qualities
· Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel (previous experience of using database systems for data entry would be an advantage)
· Excellent organizational & time management skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Able to work unsupervised and use own initiative whilst also being a flexible team player
· Willingness to learn new skills and a range of tasks with full, ongoing support
· Ability to multi-task and take instruction and guidance from colleagues
· Comfortable speaking on the phone, with a friendly and clear telephone manner
· Able to demonstrate a professional and confidential approach to work and respect the confidential nature of all documentation/conversations undertaken within Longfield
· Able to offer a regular commitment, ideally a minimum of one day a week
· Willingness to attend mandatory training and undertake e-learning
What training will you receive?
We like to ensure our volunteers are well supported and have received all the training they need, some examples of the type of training are:
- Initial Welcome to Longfield training
- Relevant Mandatory training
- Initial role induction
- Task induction and training