Charity Shop Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Horsfall-House/opportunities/Charity-Shop-Volunteer/76590 to join
SummaryAs a volunteer within our Charity Shop, you’ll engage in diverse tasks within our Charity Shop or focus on specific areas.
Vacancy: Charity Shop Volunteer
Key Tasks: As a volunteer, you’ll engage in diverse tasks within our Charity Shop or focus on specific areas, as outlined below.
- Follow directions from the Charity Shop Manager, for assigned tasks.
- Provide feedback on completed tasks.
- Operate the till with a high level of accuracy.
- Handle donations and stock discreetly.
- Deliver courteous and efficient customer service.
- Report any Health and Safety concerns to the Charity Shop Manager.
What do we look for in volunteers?
- Sensitivity to others’ needs and ability to perform duties calmly and efficiently.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Team player with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.
- Active listening skills.
- Representation of Horsfall House as an ambassador, directing potential service users appropriately.
- Knowing when to seek guidance from the Charity Shop Manager.
- Flexibility in approach.
- Competence with tills and other tools essential to the role.
- Physical fitness suitable for the role.
We are seeking committed volunteers with flexibility in their availability, and we can discuss specific scheduling upon application.
Please contact the Charity Shop directly or call (01453) 731227.
About Horsfall House
Horsfall House is a not-for-profit, 44-bed Nursing Home with a thriving Day Centre and Home Care service based in the beautiful Cotswold town of Minchinhampton. We deliver care to residents and clients who require support throughout the day or 24-hour care, including those living with dementia, as well as offering palliative care, respite and short breaks.
Horsfall House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its residents and service users and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant as part of our due diligence within safer recruitment.
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Horsfall House
We deliver outstanding care for both the physically infirm and those living with dementia and severe memory problems as well as offering Palliative Care, Respite and Short Breaks.