Front of House
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Holst-Victorian-House/opportunities/Front-of-House/52819 to join
SummaryWe are looking for volunteers to support the museum and support our goal of ensuring visitors have an enjoyable time.
About the role:
You will work as part of the Volunteer team at Holst Victorian House welcoming visitors and other Museum users, ensuring each person has an enjoyable, informative and positive experience.
Anticipated Time Contribution:
The Museum asks Front of house volunteers to be able to carry out at least one shift (3 ½ hours) each fortnight when the Museum is open.
- Morning shift -To prepare the Museum for visitors as necessary and set up the till.
- Afternoon shift -to cash up the till and close the Museum ready for locking.
- Receive all visitors and other Museum users with a warm and friendly welcome.
- Explain admission charges and take any payment, operating the till and card machine efficiently.
- Briefly introduce the Museum to visitors and answer any questions about the Museum whenever possible.
- Answer the telephone and take any messages.
- Sell events tickets and items from the Museum Shop and process payments accordingly.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks as required.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks to assist Staff and Trustees.
- Good people skills - a friendly, helpful manner when talking to the public, and to be sensitive to visitors' needs.
- An active interest in the Museum and its Collection.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and be adaptable and flexible.
- A tidy appearance and a reasonable level of fitness (e.g. able to climb stairs).
- A willingness to develop new skills and meet new people.
- Become a Member of the Holst Birthplace Trust (as a Volunteer Member) enjoying all the benefits this membership brings.
- Have the chance to learn new skills and make new friends.
Training and Support:
- Receive a full induction to volunteering at the Museum, including access to the Volunteers' Handbook and Museum policies and procedures.
- Receive training in all aspects of Front of house volunteering, including 'on-the-job’ training with experienced Front of house Volunteers.
- Have the opportunity of attending 'refresher' training and training related to new procedures or equipment.
- Have the opportunity to attend briefings and group discussions relating to their role as a Front of house Volunteer.
- Receive support from the Operations Manager with solving any problems they may experience in their volunteering at the Museum.