Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Guideposts/opportunities/Befriender-Volunteer/53821 to join
SummaryAn exciting opportunity has arisen to join our brand-new Befriending for Wellbeing service.
Job Title: Befriender Volunteer
Location: Gloucester, Stroud, Dursley, Wotton, the Severn Vale and all
Hours of work: Various part time between 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our brand-new Befriending for Wellbeing service. If you are a friendly people person looking for a role that’s taps into your energy and motivation to help people to be their happiest, this could be the opportunity you are looking for.
You will need:
· A friendly nature and enjoy being a people person
· An inclusive attitude to people of all ages and backgrounds
· An ability to engage people in social conversation or activities
· Ability to take the initiative and be confident in a 1:1 role with individuals
· Flexible availability or ability to commit to 2 hours minimum every week
· A person-centred approach with those you befriend
· To be reliable and enthusiastic
Closing Date for applications: Sunday 26th June (11.59pm)
We run a range of services that are focused on helping people to achieve their potential regardless of their circumstances. We connect people together so that they can experience the joy that comes from friendship, activity, learning, purpose and occupation. We love what we do and we love seeing people flourish.
Many of the people we support come from the most disadvantaged groups in our society, including children and adults with additional needs and disabilities, people with mental health problems, older people with dementia and other neuro-degenerative conditions, and the families or carers of all these groups. We believe that all people should be equally valued and have an equal chance to live the best life possible, that is why we do what we do.