GYC is engaged with over a 1000 young carers and young adult carers (aged 8 – 24 years) across Gloucestershire, caring for a family member experiencing long term illness, disability, mental ill health ...
KidsTime Workshop Volunteer
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Young-Carers/opportunities/KidsTime-Workshop-Volunteer/52890 to join
SummaryKidsTime delivers multi-family workshops which enable children and parents to feel less isolated and to learn and communicate together about mental illness.
About the workshops
The workshops are designed to bring together families and support them to feel less isolated.
We aim to:
- Create whole family education sessions and facilitated discussions
- Children's drama and games sessions focusing on mental health
- Parenting sessions enabling parents to learn from one another
About the role
- Engage with families attending the sessions
- Participate in workshops
- Provide general assistance to staff, children and parents
- Set up room and clear away after the session
- Set up and clear away food for the group meal
The workshops run every second Wednesday of each month, from 4:30pm - 7:45pm.
About Gloucestershire Young Carers
We work with and for young carers providing services enabling and supporting them to build on their strengths, achieve their aspirations and ensure a positive transition to adulthood.