Carer aware champion (discount card)
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucestershire-Carers-Hub/opportunities/Carer-aware-champion-discount-card/58765 to join
SummaryThis is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable experience of working with local businesses
This is an ideal opportunity for someone wishing to gain valuable experience of working with Carers. You will use your existing sales skills and knowledge to help Carers enjoy the benefits of the card by getting discounts and promoting Carer aware.
What does this role involve?
· Contacting businesses around the County using either email, telephone or face to face approaches to ask if they would be willing to offer a discount
· Talking to Carers about the discounts they would like
· Being a champion for Carer aware by telling businesses what it is and pointing them to our website
· Staying in touch with us to receive news and updates and to report any concerns
· Understanding and applying our approach to maintaining confidentiality
The ideal person for this role:
· Clear spoken communication skills
· Excellent manner and people skills
· Confidence in communicating in person
· Pleasant and welcoming manner
· Be comfortable volunteering within a group or by yourself
· Being able to use your own initiative but be able to ask for help when you need it
· Strong organisational skills
· Good timekeeping skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
How much time is involved?
Our volunteering roles are flexible and fit around your schedule. Ideally the volunteer would be able to make a regular commitment to the role on a weekly basis, covering meetings at a venue that it is convenient for you to get to.
We will always work closely with you to ensure your volunteering role fits with your other personal and social commitments.
Benefits of volunteering:
· A chance to learn new skills and an opportunity to meet like-minded people
· Training and personal development opportunities
· A useful steppingstone into potential future employment
· Routine and structure
· Improved health and wellbeing
· Developing useful connections and building good relationships with people in your local community
· Take part in activities, events and treats alongside our staff and other volunteers
· A team to support you
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs🤝 Extra support
About Gloucestershire Carers Hub
If you register with the Carers Hub you will have access to free information, guidance, support, to empower you in your caring role. This could help you to meet other carers and to interact with others in a safe space.
The Carers Hub is an easily accessed service where you can gain support, feel valued and offload your worries or concerns.
What help can I get from Gloucestershire Carers Hub?
Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from our supportive Triage team
Signposting to other services
Contingency Planning Support
Benefits and financial advice
Full carers assessments, support planning and reviews
Access to groups
Training, social gatherings and activities
Access to the Carer Aware Discount Scheme
Professional counselling service
We offer a safe space to talk about you and your caring role, we will work with you to identify how we can support you.