We are a faith based charity that works with the homeless and vulnerable across the city of Gloucester. We aim to provide shelter, hot food, drinks, clothes and friendship and assist in developing ...
Coffee Shop Support
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/Gloucester-City-Mission/opportunities/Coffee-Shop-Support/57427 to join
SummaryRequired on a Thursday between 11am and 1pm in Revive Coffee Shop to support established team at peak time.
Revive Coffee Shop is open Wednesday to Saturday 10.30am until 4.00pm. It's a friendly place where we sell ethically sourced coffee and homemade cakes. We employ a small team of up to 3 staff who are then supported by a volunteer at peak times.
Working with 1 staff member as a volunteer your role will include:
- Providing a warm and friendly welcome to customers
- Understanding customer needs
- Helping to prepare and serve orders
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Washing Up
About Gloucester City Mission
• Renew - our main office, the Winter Shelter (Dec 1st to Mar 31st) and our Education and Training Centre;
• Outreach teams in the city centre 5 days week;
• Refresh - a weekly hot sit down lunch;
• Restore - a shop for clients to come to get fresh clothes, toiletries and emergency provisions;
• Revive Coffee House where we offer employment opportunities to people who have experienced homelessness and/or addictions;
• Mobile outreach teams supporting rough sleepers away from the city centre;
• Replenish – a warehouse storage space.