Trustees to our Board with diverse backgrounds and expertise
Scan me or visit www.govolunteerglos.org/o/GL-Communities/opportunities/Trustees-to-our-Board-with-diverse-backgrounds-and-expertise/53119 to join
SummaryWe are looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our board and support the charity in its next stage of growth and development.
Are you interested in becoming a Charity Director/Trustee?
GL Communities is a small independent charity working in neighbourhoods across Gloucester/shire
- Community – At the heart of cohesive, inclusive and aspirational communities
- People – Valuing and believing in our residents, staff and volunteers; building on their strengths to develop empowered people
- Partners – Respecting and working with a range of partners to achieve the best possible outcomes for our neighbourhoods
- Sustainability – Learning from our collective experiences to create a sustainable organisation and resilient communities
- Achieving – Realising added value through our investment in communities
Our Mission Statement
GL Communities – Building Futures with local people
· Advice and advocacy
· Education and employability
· Community and economic development
· Wellbeing and social inclusion
We are looking for motivated and skilled individuals to join our board and support the charity in its next stage of growth and development. In the short term we will be undertaking a change in our monitoring and evaluation process to include Theory to Change so that we are able to show the impact this organisation is having in the communities that we work. Alongside a key role in strategic thinking and influencing project leadership and management.
You will be able to think creatively, problem solve, speak your mind and make a commitment to attending one evening/morning meeting per month. A knowledge of our key themes above would be a bonus, as would experience or expertise in management, finance, marketing or running a business and/or an interest in the themed areas that we work in as above.
We are also looking to support new trustees who may have an interest and have not been a trustee before from a Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities. We are looking to address equality, diversity, and inclusion as a priority this year and it will help our Board to make more balanced decisions.
Equality and diversity are only effective and sustainable if the Board works to be inclusive, ensuring that all trustees are welcomed, valued and able to contribute.
To apply - click 'Join' and we will be in touch with the next steps.
About GL Communities
We provide Advice and Advocacy, Education and Employability, Wellbeing and Social Inclusion with Community Development and Engagment throughout our work.
We have 3 bases Advice and Resource Centre, Ewe Space and Phoenix Centre all in Matson.
We run a volunteer project within all areas of our work and volunteers are an integral part of our organisation from our Board members to working alongside all our teams.